Tweed River Agricultural Society Ltd t/as The Murwillumbah Show
TRAS respects the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and as amended via the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
Keeping up to date records about individuals is necessary and important. We treat the information we receive from you as personal and confidential. Without information about you, we would be unable to maintain contact with our members nor operate our events, including but not limited to the Murwillumbah Showground Monthly Markets and the Murwillumbah Show.
Both general and common law impose confidentiality obligations on organisations such as TRAS. We support those principles and have processes in place to comply with them. Legislation contains principles that include the following:
- Personal information may only be collected for a purpose which is lawful, and which directly relates to a function or activity of the collector;
- The collection of personal information must be necessary for, or directly related to that purpose;
- The collector must inform the individual/business concerned of the purpose for which the information is being collected;
- If the collector intends to pass the information to another party, the person providing the information must be told;
- Any information collected should be relevant, up-to-date and complete; and
- Once collected the personal information must be protected by appropriate safeguards against loss and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure to unauthorised or inappropriate persons, and other misuse.
Access to your personal information
If at any time you wish to know what information we hold about you, you are welcome to request your personal information by contacting us. There may be circumstances where we are not able to provide you with access to the information we hold, and should that occur, we will provide the reasons for that decision to you in writing.
Correction of personal information
If you wish to change or correct personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.
Deletion of personal information’
To have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner, and we will take reasonable steps to delete your personal information, unless we are required to retain it for legal reasons.
To make a complaint, please forward it in writing to:
Tweed River Agricultural Society Ltd
PO Box 727
MURWILLUMBAH NSW 2484
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can contact the Commonwealth Privacy Commissioner’s hotline on 1300 363 922.